Vocational Education and Training
Vocational education and training (VET) qualifications are nationally recognized qualifications that develop skills and work readiness through practical learning. VET can also lead to further education and training.
VET certificates and qualifications can contribute to the achievement of a QCE (Queensland Certificate of Education) and provide a range of pathways to work and further education.
In the QCE system, achievement of a VET Certificate III or above, in combination with results in General subjects, can contribute to the calculation of a student’s Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
The approach recognises the role that VET plays in senior studies, while also ensuring that students have a sufficient breadth of academic subjects to cope with the demands of tertiary study.
QCAA -Vocational education and training (VET)
VET at Burpengary State Secondary College
The college has formed productive partnerships with external registered training organisations to offer a range of qualifications in the senior phase of learning. Details of these qualifications can be found in Curriculum section of the website under the relevant departments.
The College is also registered for the delivery of vocational courses through the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) as delegate for Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). National Provider No.
The college offers the following VET courses:
- FNS10120 Certificate I in Basic Financial Literacy – BSSC RTO Number: 45446
- FSK20119 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Placement – BSSC RTO Number: 45446
- CUA31115 Certificate III in Visual Art – BSSC RTO Number: 45665
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality – Blueprint Career Development RTO Number: 30978
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality – Blueprint Career Development RTO Number: 30978
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness – Binnacle Training RTO Number: 31319
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care – Deception Bay State High School RTO Number: 30380
- HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services – Connect n Grow RTO Number: 40518
- CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services – Connect N Grow RTO Number: 40518
- HLT33115 Certificate III Health Services Assistance – Connect N Grow RTO Number: 40518
While studying for a QCE, students are also able to enrol in TAFE at schools courses. TAFE offers a large range of certificates and qualifications that contribute to the QCE as well as give students a head start in their chosen career. Please complete and expression of interest form and see the school’s VET Coordinator for more information on this.
Complaints and Appeals
For information on complaints and appeals that refer to qualifications on the schools scope of registration, please see the complaint and appeals section in the Student Handbook. Information on student rights and responsibilities regarding vocational education and training are also contained within the Student Handbook.