Students studying subjects in Food Technology are encouraged to think critically and creatively to make social and ethically responsible decisions to enhance the wellbeing of their self, family and wider community.
Food Technology is concerned with the theoretical concepts and practical applications of food preparation, safety, hygiene and nutrition with particular attention to food practices in other cultures and sustainability.
- Immerse themselves in international cuisine and presentation
- Understand the principles of food preparation techniques from other cultures
- Design and manufacture products that meet nutritional and quality standards
- Implement practical and sustainable solutions to real world problems
- Develop critical thinking skills through researching and analysing practical and written projects
Out of class requirements
Theoretical homework and preparation
What’s important for this subject
Interest in cooking and culinary skills.
Unit 1: Food Selection
- Understanding staples
- Basic preparation methods
- Health and Hygiene
Unit 2: Food and Culture
- International Cuisine
- Flavours and Cultural Significance
- Sustainable Practices
- Food Cleanliness
|Year 10 – Hospitality|
Year 11 - Cert lll Hospitality
|Work placement, Traineeships, catering College events|